Friday, May 01, 2009

Is this cool or what?

I just sent an email to the folks at Backdoor Harvest. I found out about them at the Earth Day Festival I attended last weekend, and it is one of the coolest things I have come across in quite some time. The website is awesome, but to sum up:

  • They will come look at my yard and help me plan a garden
  • I get to pick all the produce
  • They will do ALL the work, from planting to weeding to harvesting
  • It won't cost me any more than I already spend on produce at the grocery store
  • They will use organic practices
  • Some of the produce grown in my back yard will go to other people in my community
  • No travelling costs for the food to get to my kitchen! This is really environmentally good!

I am so excited about this (as you can tell by all! the! exclamation! points!)! I hope they haven't filled up already....

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh wow - that looks amazing. W/ your big back yard too ... I hope it works out! I wish I could plant veggies in my shady yard.