Sunday, August 02, 2009

Things I am thinking of cooking ahead...

...and putting in the freezer.

  1. Breakfast burritoes: scrambled tofu with shredded carrots, onions and bell peppers, hash browns, veggie sausage, maybe some salsa


  2. Chili--I could eat chili once a week, or more


  3. Quick breads--they make excellent late afternoon snacks, and I make mine more healthy than the coffee shop does


  4. West African peanut stew


  5. Coconut Curried Vegetable Stew


  6. Red Beans and sausage--to be served over rice


  7. Sloppy lentils


  8. Veggies from my garden sauteed with teriyaki sauce (or some other sauce)


  9. Spaghetti sauce

  10. Some kind of bean burger

I am not sure I have enough freezer space for this, but I can try to empty it out first. One of these days I am going to get a freezer to put in the basement. Anyone have any other ideas?

No comments: