Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wednesday Food

Well, the girl's lunch went well. She said the chik'n patty was good and it was enough food and she ate it all. I wish my lunch was enough food. I forgot to bring salsa to eat with baked chips, though, and I think I would have been fine if I had. As it was, I was starving when I got home, so I made one of the chik'n patties for myself to tide me over while I cleaned up the kitchen and made dinner.

For dinner tonight we had soy meatballs in sauce made from onions, tomato soup, applesauce, honey and chili sauce. On the side we had red cargo rice and peas. The girl ate a clementine, and both the kids had a dumdum sucker and a Tofutti cutie for dessert (minus one bite for mommy). Tomorrow I am having leftover meatballs and rice for lunch, and the girl is having another chik'n sandwich. We'll both have some sugar snap peas on the side, and I'll slice up one of the huge pears we bought for us to each take half. And I'll remember the salsa this time! In fact, I just got up and put some salsa in a little container now so that all I have to do in the morning is grab it.

I don't know how that girl can stand to have the same thing for lunch every day, but that's the way she likes it. Last year she took mini-bagels with tofutti cream cheese and a piece of fruit almost every single day. That would drive me crazy!

The boy keeps asking to be able to bring a lunch. Lazy mommy that I am, I tell him no, the school feeds him lunch. But meals are part of the tuition at his school, which isn't cheap, and although the do include meat, they already keep the dairy out of his, and they do try to keep it pretty healthy. Maybe when I really get in the habit of making lunches for the girl and me, I will start making them for him, too.

No comments: