Tuesday, October 30, 2007

World Vegan Day

This Thursday, 11/1/07, is World Vegan Day. I found out on the message boards at LibraryThing just now, so I don't have any plans as yet, but I think I will try to be as vegan as I can on Thursday. This could present a slight shoe problem, as I think my brown winter shoes are leather, but I will see what I can do.

I did send an email to the people that attend the vegetarian potluck here at work, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet. But, I don't think I ever mentioned how cool my vegetarian potluck group is. We meet once a month for lunch, and the group is open to anyone who wants to attend, but there is a core group of about 6 of us that have been coming the whole time, which is 2 or 3 years now. We are not all vegetarians, but obviously we all have some interest in vegetarianism. Of those of us who do not eat meat, there is a lot of going back and forth between meat-eating and vegetarianism. We have graduated beyond a lunch group to a group of friends, with field trips out to area restaurants outside of work, and even one dinner at a member's house. I am planning on inviting everyone over when I finish unpacking (note to self: get cracking!). One group member was even one of my biggest helpers with my move this summer. I think it is so awesome that we got together just to share good food, and we have grown beyond that to real friends. And, once a month I am guaranteed a great lunch at work!

No comments: